Saturday, June 27, 2009

River City Saturday

Leslie Sheridan here. Today is being called "River City Saturday." It is a day filled with workshops and presentations. Each person selects sessions to attend based on their own interests and curiosities. This day is a result of the positive reaction to "Synod in the City" in Hartford. There were also opportunities for mission work as well as kite-flying in the park across the river. The Iowa Delegates had lunch with the youth contingency close to the kites across the river. I must say that the young Iowans looked sharp in their purple shirts! The evening was capped with a tribute to John Thomas. I will certainly miss his wise leadership--all of my General Synods have been during his tenure. 

Well, tomorrow the committee work begins. I go into the sessions wondering what could possibly be controversial about the business at hand, and I am almost immediately reminded of what a diverse group we UCCer's are! 

No comments:

Post a Comment