Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Traveling ...

Well, it's Elizabeth Dilley from Red Oak writing.  I'm one of the delegates and I serve a church in Red Oak, Iowa.  This will be my 3rd Synod, but my first as a delegate, and I am thrilled!  

Many of us are traveling to Grand Rapids today and tomorrow.  Please keep us in your prayers as we fly, drive, and otherwise get ourselves to Synod.  Some pre-events have already begun, and more continue tomorrow.  I will be attending the 2030 Clergy Network pre-event.  This is an event designed for UCC clergy in their 20s and 30s.  At that event, I will be sitting on a panel in the afternoon about how younger people have gotten involved in association and conference committees; one of the other panelists is the Rev. Matt Mardis-LeCroy of Plymouth UCC in Des Moines (and another is my dear childhood friend, the Rev. Elena Larssen, who is an associate conference minister in Minnesota).  To complete the circle, this panel was arranged by the Rev.  Mary Nelson Abbott, a child of our conference.

Hopefully in the next few days, you will be hearing from many other delegates and staff members on this blog.  Be sure to leave a comment and tell us you stopped by.  We'd also love your own thoughts/reflections on the process and what's going on!

No comments:

Post a Comment